The Saint Paul Community Baptist Church of Baltimore Maryland was organized May 6, 1950 under the leadership of the late Dr. Edward M. Revels. God moved upon his heart to move to Baltimore from North Carolina. He prayed everyday at 12:00 noon in a small building at 1612 Ashland Avenue. Soon others joined him. From that small band of Christian disciples, our church was born. In April, 1959, the congregation moved from its original location to the present location due to overwhelming growth in the membership.
Dr. Revels served 29 faithful and dedicated years. He served until the Lord called him home in April of 1978. On December 19, 1979 at a specially called church meeting, a call to pastoral ministry was extended to Dr. Gregory Bruce Perkins of Philadelphia Pennsylvania who began pastoral ministry on January 1, 1980. Later in that year, September 1980, he was officially installed as the new pastor. On May 6, 2009, our building was declared a historical landmark by the Maryland Historical Society, and authorized by the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore.
We are now known as Historic Saint Paul Community Baptist Church of Baltimore City. We have grown from a small prayer band to an expanding and thriving congregation.
All are welcome. We hope to see you, real soon!